Saturday, November 15, 2008

Things that make me smile, laugh, confused and sad.

I drive around town for my job. That sometimes involves getting into gated communities with no gate code. Usually I try to find one in the MLS before I leave; however they don't always work. I was out by a gate and could not get in with the four codes I had copied down. A man coming out of the community stopped and asked if I was having trouble getting in. I said yes and he gave me a code to try. The gate opened, I said thank you. That man made my week. I now have a working code and it makes me smile to know he cared to stop and help. Thank you man in the blue Ford Edge, I owe you.

I went to see the new James Bond movie with my office on Friday. There was a row of 6 guys in front of us. They looked to be late 30's early 40's. I thought they were saving seats for more guys to show up. Then I realized they were seating a seat apart as not to sit next each other. I laughed as I asked my co-worker Brian if they were following the "urinal code". You know when you go into a bathroom you go a urinal apart. It made me laugh to see these grown men not sitting next to each other, but shouting across to talk during the previews, which showed they were there together. Also I over heard them talking about seeing the last James Bond at the house before coming out. Men make me laugh.

I had the joy of going to a UMC Quick Care this week. I was sitting in the waiting room watching the cheesiest soap ever and realized all sitting areas at these places have the cheesiest shows on. Why is that?

I was forced not to work this Saturday due to a nasty sinus infection that I have had all week. I was also forced to forward the phone to someone else so I could just relax, an order brought on by my boss. So I have been at home all day watching TV. I am sad to say I had a useless Saturday. I am also sad that it took a sinus infection for me to take time off. I lead a sad, sad life.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

It's always nice to have a stranger help you out.

Men are weird.

I think daytime TV is just cheesy.

Sorry you have a sinus infection, I know this is a hard time. I hope you feel better so you can come to FHE tomorrow.

andrea said...

Your first story makes gated communities sound less secure than they claim. How did the guy know you weren't a robber?

I hope you are feeling better. I love lazy, stress-free days.