Sunday, November 02, 2008

To hang or not to hang

I did some fall cleaning today. I pulled out my sweaters for the upcoming season and needed to see what I could or could not fit into. I have gained a "few" pounds since my wedding and even before I got married I had begun to put weight on. 52 empty hangers later I realize I had a lot of clothing I can no longer wear, due to weight gain. I took every item I can not wear at this time out of my closet and now I have a clear visual of how much weight I have put on. Derek laughs at me as my side of the closet is full of clothing and I complain I need more. Now I can see why I need more, but refuse to purchase anything new due to the wasted money sitting under my bed. I will purchase items needed to update or that have been worn out.

I wonder how I got to this point as I enjoy my McDonald's chicken nuggets for dinner, I did pass on the fries :)

3 comments:

Lacey said...

It's not fun gaining weight.

I hope you're able to wear those clothes again, if not you can loan them to me until I grow to big for them. ;) Though most of them are probably to nice for my SAHM style.

andrea said...

We cleaned out our closet a few weeks ago. The decision was to get rid of the clothes that don't fit, but they are all still sitting in a laundry basket in the closet.

The up side was that I found a few things that fit, or almost fit. I only got rid of items that required me to lose 20+ pounds. The ones that will fit perfect after 5 or 10 pounds are still in the closet. (Don't tell Brien.)

Anonymous said...

I am with Lacey, can I borrow them until you fit them again.