Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Results are in.....

more test need to be done.

This is the number 1 reason I don't go to the doctor, they just do test after test after test to tell me they have no clue as to why I am there.

I have a severe pain on the my left side of the pelvis region that comes and goes, but is consistently there. It makes me sick to eat at times and is a royal pain at certain times of the month ;)

Well I don't know why I have the pain however; it was discovered through the past test I have a bicornuate uterus. What is that you ask? A bicornuate uterus is an abnormality in the way the uterus is shaped. It does not develop; some women are born with them. Uterine and/or vaginal abnormalities that are present from birth are lumped into a category of Mullerian Abnormalities. There are many different varieties, and all are rare. In a girl embryo, the uterus starts as 2 tubes that merge together to form a larger hollow structure. If the 2 tubes do not completely come together, a bicornuate uterus develops. It is a uterus with 2 horns , one going out to the left and one going out to the right.

Not very exciting, I know. I do get to do MRI and an ultrasound of my kidneys for the next round of testing. The fun never ends at the Doctor's office.

P.S. - If you are worried after reading about it on the web, don't be. I have more test to see how bad it is, so not a big deal at the Svilary house.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I hope they're able to fix it for you so you have less or no pain. At least they now have something to go on.

We love you!